Department of Urology
Urology is a surgical super specialty dealing with ailments of genital & urinary system in male and female. It is one of the most varied branches of surgery, encompassing diseases of kidneys, bladder and prostate to include incontinence, impotence, infertility, cancer and reconstruction of the genito-urinary tract and encompasses patients of both sexes and all ages.
Urologists use traditional surgical methods, but have also pioneered the most modern high-tech, fibreoptic and endoscopic techniques (sometimes called minimally-invasive surgery). Urology is one of the first specialties to use “keyhole” surgery and still retains the most comprehensive array of minimally-invasive techniques for patients.
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Laser Stone and Prostate Surgery.
- Endoscopic Surgery- TURP, URS (Ureterscopy), PCNL, VIU.
- Uro Oncology- Radical Surgery for Urology Cancers.
- Paediatric Urology- Pyelopasty, Valve Fulguration, Antireflux Surgery.
- Reconstructive Urology- Urethroplasty, Bladder Augmentation.
- Uro Gynaecology- Incontinence Surgery, VVF Repair.
- Andrology Clinic